AEC ASSIGNMENT

• Use of tenses, Explain with examples.

Tenses indicate the time when an action takes place. 
There are three main tenses: Past, Present, and Future. 
Each tense is further divided into four aspects: Simple, Continuous, Perfect, and Perfect Continuous, making a total of 12 basic tenses.

👉🏻 1. Present Tense: Used for actions happening right now, regular habits, or universal truths.

🔺Simple Present: Expresses habits or general facts.
🔸Example: I write a letter every week.
🔺Present Continuous: Expresses an action happening right now.
🔸Example: I am writing a letter at the moment.

🔺Present Perfect: Expresses an action that happened in the past but has relevance to the present.
🔸Example: I have written the letter already.

🔺Present Perfect Continuous: Expresses an action that started in the past and is still continuing.
🔸Example: I have been writing this letter for two hours.

👉🏻 2. Past TenseUsed for actions that have already happened.
🔺Simple Past: Expresses a completed action in the past.
🔸Example: I wrote a letter yesterday.

🔺Past Continuous: Expresses an action that was ongoing at a specific time in the past.
🔸Example: I was writing a letter when the phone rang.

🔺Past Perfect: Expresses an action that was completed before another action in the past.
🔸Example: I had written the letter before he arrived.

🔺Past Perfect Continuous: Expresses an action that was ongoing in the past up until another point.
🔸Example: I had been writing the letter for an hour before the lights went out.

👉🏻 3. Future TenseUsed for actions that will happen later.
🔺Simple Future: Expresses a future action.
🔸Example: I will write a letter tomorrow.

🔺Future Continuous: Expresses an action that will be ongoing at a specific time in the future.
🔸Example: I will be writing a letter this evening.

🔺Future Perfect: Expresses an action that will be completed by a specific time in the future.
🔸Example: I will have written the letter by tomorrow morning.

🔺Future Perfect Continuous: Expresses an ongoing action that will continue up to a specific point in the future.
🔸Example: By noon, I will have been writing this letter for four hours.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIAN KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM

SEC (Home assignment)

SEC (Class assignment)